CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, May 14, 2009

CDC classic case

It's official - Lyme Panel came back positive - Lyme Disease it is. The good news is it's a CDC classic case - meaning all the "markers" were in the right place. This is good because a lot of the times Lyme is only a clinical diagnoisis because the tests dont always "work". With having this positive test, it will make it easier for us if our insurance tries to fight us. The doctor threw out some numbers about which markers were where but I was very lost - so he said he'd go over them with us in person the next time we saw him - works for me. He said based on a scale of 1 -4 I was a 3 as far as how strong the lyme is in my body. We kinda knew it was a severe case with the CD57 but this just echoed it for us. It's good to finally put a name to what I've been feeling for so many years.
That being said, this has been a pretty rough week if Im being honest. On Monday the dizziness was so bad I felt like I was spinning just sitting down. By Tuesday it felt like I had someone sitting on my chest. By Wednesday I felt like I was breathing in ice every time I took a breathe and just walking and holding Alex at the same time became almost impossible. Lucky for me the doctor called on Wednesday with the test result and also to tell me to back off the meds. He said I was doing too much too fast and my body was reacting. So I took a two day break from the meds and will go back on them very slowly.
Its also been hard because I feel like the Lyme is winning a little bit each day. Every time I have to turn down a play date or school event or put the kids down 30 min early or having to stop taking care of my family I feel as if I've given in to this disease a little bit more. I do not like having to have help - it's nice to have but I hate feeling like I cant do it myself. I do not like feeling like I am whining. So it's easier to put on the smile and say Im fine - even though with one look you can tell Im not.
Thank you to my family (Shane, Mom & Dad and Mom & Dad in law) for being the wonderful people you are and helping make this week run as smooth as it did! Thank you to all the friends and family who have sent email and texts checking on us and offering help, love and prayers.
I know this is going to get better. I know this is a fight we will win.

0 comments: